Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's Been So Long...

I realized that it has been so long since I have blogged... not for a particular reason just been super busy with moving in and getting back from DC trip. By the way I had sooo much fun on that trip, I know that I am crazy for going with 140 8th graders, but hey I love kids:) Anyway, we are doing great, we love our new place and have already had people over which is the ultimate to us. The Lord is sooo good... I have been reveling in His goodness and faithfulness. He has blessed us financially, he has blessed our marriage, he has blessed us with some of the best friends we could ever ask for... even those who decided to live far away! J/K:) He has given us clarity on what ministries He is launching us into full time, He is faithful in answering and just being who He is. Thank you Lord for Your continued faithfulness, thank you that You do what is best for us and not just what we want You to do.
Last night I went to ladies coffee talk and what a neat time it was sharing with the ladies of the Warehouse... but the verse we spent time on has been on my heart. " I will bless the Lord who counsels me, even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me, I will not be shaken for He is righ beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy and my mouth shouts His praises! My body rests in safety. For You will not leave my soul among the dead or allow Your godly one to see the pit." Psalm 16:7-10
What a neat promise the Lord gives us in that we can rest in Him because He is not far away but right beside us. The other really cool thing is that David the author is rehearsing his trust in the Lord. He knew that the enemy would be there to try and ensnare him, but premeditated or prayed up ahead of time to not let the enemy have a foothold. This hit me as I was reading this, how many times do I rehearse the things I fall short of. For me at times it is trust... well the only way to get rid of bad habits is to rehearse godly ones. After all David was a man after God's own heart and that didn't happen overnight, he too was human, which is truly comforting to me. Needless to say it was a great time!
Alot of people have been asking now what with the baby stuff... well we were supposed to go to an appt. to meet with the invitro Dr., however bronchitis hit me really bad so that didn't happen. We have not had a chance to reschedule the appt. because we have been busy. We are just continuing to lift it up in prayer and we will know when the perfect time will be to move on with that. I have to say I have such a peace in who the Lord is and am ok where we are at the moment. The Lord is faithful and I know that we will not be disappointed! So continue to pray for us a miarcle would be the ultimate, but we are ok either direction we are led. Only because the Lord is "right beside us!"

No comments: