Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sweet Moment...

You ever have those moments with Jesus that are so precious that just thinking about them bring tears to your eyes... Well last night was a memorable one for me. Andrew and I went to Bible study which was a good time of opening up God's Word and studying. I sometimes feel like I am two people in one body, like my heart is grieving but my spirit is joyful. You're probably thinking I am bi-polar right now, but that's how I was feeling last night. I am still emotional, but I felt joyful because I could sense the presence of the Lord- I only get these times every so often and duh it's when I need it the most. The best part about last night was when we got home Andrew and I were talking and I started to cry like I have been lately, but it was a different cry. It was one that drove me to my knees, there we knelt together just praying, praising and petitioning God together. It was so beautiful to me, I buried my face in my bed and for a brief moment it felt like the shoulder of Jesus. I could feel Him, I knew that He was right there with us. Now Andrew and I pray every night together, but not like last night, it was a "Sweet Moment" with Jesus. Andrew told me goodnight and fell asleep soon after, but I took a few minutes and just reveled in the moment. It's in these moments that all my doubts and fears seem so small and He is so big. In Bible study we were talking about having a child like faith and as I look back over my life I so long to be little because my faith was so strong. It reminds me of a song I used to sing in Sunday school... "My God is so BIG so strong and so mighty there's NOTHING my God cannot do." I so long to be there again, to where I don't question but just know that my Abba is BIG and there is NOTHING that He cannot do!!